RICE BOWLS ARE THE ANSWER
22 November 2017
Rice bowls are the way to go if you don’t have much in your fridge and feel like a quick, yet healthy meal, especially after a run.
And if you have pre-cooked rice in the fridge, even better and quicker. There is so much you can add to them. Below is a very basic recipe that you can mix, match and add to as much as you like. Just remember, if you are going to have it after a run, add some protein to start helping with muscle repair.
1 medium onion diced finely
1 tbsp. of oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
Half red pepper, sliced
Half yellow pepper, sliced
Half tin of sweetcorn
1 litre boiling vegetable stock
350g brown rice
Freshly ground black pepper
(Chicken or any protein: optional)
1. Cook the rice in the stock as stated on the cooking instructions.
2. Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic for two minutes on a medium heat.
3. Add all the other ingredients (including the rice) to the onion and garlic and fry for five minutes on a medium heat.
4. Season with the pepper and serve.
5. If you feel like adding any protein such as chicken or small pieces of beef, add just before seasoning.
Share this article on facebook?
Tweet about this article?